Who We Are
- Louisiana Limited Liability Company
- Organized in 2012 to take an old idea to the future
- Kevin Laborde – President
- Peter Decuir – Vice President – Operations
- John Parker – Emeritus
New But Not New
- Solutions employed have their origins back to 1994 when utility poles were first wrapped in this fashion
- Legacy company started wrapping poles in 2001
- Technology has also been used on many bridges and overpasses in the state of Louisiana
- Parker Composites’ principals and employees know the process and how to deliver
Why We Do It
- Requested by utility company several years ago
- Aging Grids / Networks & Infrastructure
- Proven Solution
- Cost Effective
- Quickly Delivered
- Uninterrupted Service
- Lasting Results
How We Do It
- Stress points of existing pole/piling inventory identified by Inspection (If it is still standing, it can be repaired)
- Wrap is applied at stress point – typically near ground level
- Using a combination of epoxies and resins, Parker coats the pole repeatedly while wrapping it with planking and aramid fiber material
- Once cured the end result is a solid sleeve around the pole/piling giving it rigidity and strength
- Through the process and once completed the wrap becomes part of or one with the pole
- Once applied it cannot be removed
- The pole wrap is impervious to all chemicals, water and freeze/thaw cycles – Almost indestructible
- Weather conditions make a difference in applications and we know how to compensate for changes in temperature and humidity
Clients can leverage all available resources by collaborating with us for
- Scheduling facility closures to help minimize inconvenience.
- Maintaining existing sources for material procurement.
- Utilizing existing personnel and equipment on hand to save budget dollars.
- Delivering on time project completion.